A Tropical Oasis Ten-minutes from the CBD
This architect-designed waterfront property offers the ultimate in estuary-side living with easy and direct access to the secluded beach. Sprawling across 19’400 m2 square metres (4.8 acres) of extensively landscaped tropical garden with boundary screening, and adjacent to a National Park, the Waterside truly is its own unique oasis with the title giving ownership to the mean high-water mark.
The property boasts a main wing with two ground floor bedrooms and an upstairs parent’s retreat with balcony, large living area, a semi-commercial kitchen, library, guest powder room and climate controlled below ground 2,000 bottle wine cellar. The bedrooms are positioned to face perfectly north and far enough from the tree line for all of them to enjoy the morning sun all year round.
The upstairs parents retreat is reached via a striking hand-made blackbutt staircase and consists of two rooms, a master bedroom with handcrafted timber built-in robes and timber raised ceiling and ‘her’ ensuite also with handcrafted timber vanity. The second room, a parent’s lounge, has a raised ceiling with exposed rafters, a ‘his’ ensuite, mahogany handcrafted built in robe, drinks fridge, large wall mounted television and a daybed. Directly off the lounge is a large handcrafted walk-in robe and a study.
Both rooms are interconnected with genuine terracotta flooring that extends to the large balcony, which affords views over the gardens and estuary, the perfect spot for a morning coffee or evening wine.
The expansive primary living area features large windows that overlook the northern and eastern terraces, natural hardwood shelving, ceiling fans, air-conditioning, quality tiles, and a large brick fireplace with fan-forced, slow combustion burner and a mantlepiece made from original Coffs Jetty timber, the region’s first colonial structure.
The semi-commercial kitchen features a six-burner gas stovetop with two ovens, large air extracting hood, wall-mounted griller, galvanized shelving, stainless steel double sinks and bench, and a built-in pantry and upright fridge and freezer.
The guest wing features another master bedroom overlooking the estuary with ensuite and built-in robes, a lounge room with glass/timber doors leading to the garden and separate courtyard, both airconditioned and with ceiling fans. It has a kitchenette, two additional bedrooms with ceiling fans, main bathroom, laundry & access to the main kitchen.
So, if you’re looking for an uncompromised lifestyle where you can swim, fish, surf, relax and explore to your heart’s content, largely with complete privacy, you won’t find better than the one-of-a-kind Waterside.
Express your interest
In addition the property includes:
- Panic room/hidden office/storage room
- Four-car garage with power and motion-activated lighting
- Direct access to the beach walk
- Stunning feature garden
- Vegetable garden and orchard
- Garden gazebo by the estuary & fire pit
- 4m (approx) fire pit
- Comprehensive perimeter fencing
- Windows are coated with a burglar stopping coating
- Motion activated lights at the main entrance to the house as well as the path and entrance to the guest wing.
- Garden/storage shed.
- A further building containing a workshop, a storage room, and a hobby room
- A second double garage (tandem) for tractor and implements
- A licensed bore for the exclusive use of The Waterside property.
- Groundwater fed freshwater well.
- Two x 24,000-gallon concrete, in-ground, rainwater tanks
- Additional inground tanks
- 15 high-pressure firefighting hose stations, strategically positioned around the property with one at the main house.
- Comprehensive fire alarm with emergency lighting
- Three-phase power available on the property
- Sufficient land suitable for landing by helicopter
- Dual water supply to main building (Rain to showers, bath, taps & well to toilets